Take one happily disturbed librarian, add in a few voices, a connection to the internet, and you get . . . . . . . . . well a little more insanity.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

A table of trouble

Well last night several friends, and associated significant others, gathered around a table at Chevy's. The night was both happy and sad.

Happy because we are a wonderful group of friends, and always have a good time in each other's company. We drank, we laughed, we shared stories from our past. We talked about the good times and the better times.

At the same time it was sad. Sad because two of my friends were laid off from work. These are people that I have shared a great deal of my life with in the last few years. It is a fact that, on average, the people that you work with you will see more often and for longer periods of time, than most of your family members. My two friends, Asian Eddy and someone we will call "Lydia" have been there for me through everything. We have shared so much with each other that it is hard to think of walking in to work and not seeing them there. It is depressing.

Well, we had a great time. I know that we will still get together, and there will still be great times ahead. But, it will be only occasionally, and that is a terrible feeling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know...I know..it was wonderful to enjoy dinner together...toooo tooo bad it was under those circumstances! I cannot imagine going into work..only it is not my work anymore! btw unemployment is overrated! I will miss working with my dear friends! Hopefully, this is the only sappy good-bye letter that I have sent out---MR. B.LIBRARIAN!

The Berserker Librarian said...

Of course it is the only sappy letter you sent out- unfortunately they took out your e-mail address before I could send one out FOR you.

Bummer.

I hope all is well. I MISS YOU BFF!

Anonymous said...

okay just checking....that is what i thought you had said.