Take one happily disturbed librarian, add in a few voices, a connection to the internet, and you get . . . . . . . . . well a little more insanity.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sorry!

Sorry for not posting much lately. There has been a bit of a hullabaloo around my parts.

You see, last week my mother was not feeling very well. I went over to check on her, and she was barely coherent, running a temperature, and having severe difficulty breathing.

When I asked my father what was going on, he said that she did not want to go to the doctors, and if she did not want to go, he would not force her. I kind of understand where he is coming from (sort of). He was a horrible husband for most of their marriage, and I think now that he is getting old and infirm, that he is trying to make it up to her by giving in to whatever she wants.

We got into a bit of a row about this. It ended with me calling 911 and getting someone out to my parent's house immediately.

Mom was admitted. She has an infection in her legs as wel las pneumonia. Most of my time has been spent going either to or from the hospital to see her.

Hopefully soon I will be back to blogging more frequently.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! I hope your mom is doing better by the time you read this. Infections are nothing to mess with, you were totally smart in calling 911 to get her taken care of.

The Berserker Librarian said...

She is doing much better, thanks. I so wanted to smack my dad for not wanting to do anything. But, he's a butthole.

Jenny said...

I miss you!

I hope things settle down soon.

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness! thank god you got there when you did! I am sure that your mom was just not feeling well and will be glad that you called 911 when you did! your dad well there are just no words....is she doing any better?

Anonymous said...

I have been a bad friend and not checking your blog, so i am sorry about that....but why did you not tell me? silly silly librarian.