Take one happily disturbed librarian, add in a few voices, a connection to the internet, and you get . . . . . . . . . well a little more insanity.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I've had it with your crap

When do you know that it is time to throw in the towel and walk away? That is the question that I have been asking myself a lot recently.

The answer? Now. Now is the time.

You see, for a while now I have tried communicating with a long time friend. I say communicating because I have tried e-mail, phone, and sending messages through third parties.

No real response.

This person is one of the most passive-aggressive people that I have ever known. I have a feeling that I have been convicted of some crime, real or (most likely) imagined, and this person is either writing me off or punishing me by blocking me out.


Or, if I am imagining being shunned by this person, at the very least there is a lack of motivation on their part. A lack of motivation to try and remain friends. Lack of motivation even common courtesy to return phone calls and well-wishes for various events in their life. This has gone on, in various degrees, for a long time. Slowly building over a couple of years.

Whatever.

I have thought this over. Part of me wants to try and demand an explanation. But, since I keep meeting with the attitude of a two year old who doesn't want to talk, I really doubt that there is much that would be gained.

I guess I am just tired. Tired of the crap. Tired of the lack of courtesy. Tired of reaching out to
only be ignored.

Again- Whatever.


So, I have just decided to say goodbye. I doubt this person will ever read this, or even care if they did. To be honest, after years of trying to stay in touch, to stay friends, and having them only try a bit when it was convenient for them, and months of flat out ignoring me, I have gotten to the point of not caring at all. I am just going to write this to get it out, and then... walk away.

So, a friendship ends. Not with a bang. Not with a whimper, but with just a shrug.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should never invest more energy in a relationship with a person who refuses to invest the same amount of energy in a relationship with you.

Bah. Shrug and get on with your life.

The Berserker Librarian said...

Steph,

This is why I love ya! Great advice. And, yes, my life continues- which sometimes surprises me.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Jenny said...

You still got me *cheesy Grin!

The Berserker Librarian said...

Ah Living... you are one of my dearest friends... ~HUGS~ thanks for always being there for me.

Anonymous said...

complete waste of your time....at least you have online voodoo! besides it is their loss...what an idiot!

Anonymous said...

what a waste of time.......may i suggest online voodoo...seems to work very well....oh well it is their loss....what an idiot!

Anonymous said...

opps a little overzealous..i just get upset when someone messes with my bff

The Berserker Librarian said...

I
LOVE
YOU!

Thanks for the emotional support!