Take one happily disturbed librarian, add in a few voices, a connection to the internet, and you get . . . . . . . . . well a little more insanity.

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Mary Poppins - Poem of the Month

It's August! Yet another month has passed away, never to come back this way again. With that depressing intro, here is the poem for the month of August..


The Death of Mary Poppins

Yes, I murdered Mary Poppins.
Dead with one thrust of my knife.
Her cheery dispostition,
T'was the reason I took her life.

Although she spread joy to the world,
With her famous smile,
Though she made children laugh,
I saw her bound and brought to trial.

Mary Poppins, yes, I condemed thee.
For all the love you gave
It was never, will never, be enough,
For the children you did not save.

Children who still remain hurt.
Children who still get abused.
Their terrors quite real,
Their lives scared and confused.

So, what about the ones
To whom you never came.
Who sat wishing for your touch
To take away their pain?

Mary Poppins, with empty words
You promised love and happiness.
But though you tried, you lied, and knew
Some would still suffer in darkness.

Mary Poppins, Marry Poppins,
How much harder it is to remain
Trapped in a life of tragedy,
Waiting for the promise who never came.

I murdered Mary Poppins.
Dead with one thrust of my knife.
You see, her cheery dispostition,
T'was the reason I took her life.

8 comments:

The Berserker Librarian said...

Steph, sorry about the scare- I just seem to write depressing poety :(

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

hi friends. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching allowing for regarding that singular brand. The prices for the boots are around 320 dollars on every site. But finally I set this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good evening friends. I'm really into shoes and I had been digging for that meticulous brand. The prices as regards the shoes are approximately 310 pounds on every page. But for all I set this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good day fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking allowing for regarding that meticulous model. The prices for the sneakers are about 180 pounds on every page. But finally I found this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase those. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

hello friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I was searching allowing for regarding that singular brand. The prices as regards the velcros were about 330 dollars everwhere. But definitively I bring about this area selling them for half price. I in reality like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

Honoured conductor Christian Jarvi led the London Symphony Orchestra in a concert
christian louboutin shoes sale Celine handbags 2009 [url=http://www.christianlouboutinfrench.com/vibram-five-fingers-c-54.html]vibram five fingers shoes[/url] alice olivia dresses sale Christian Louboutin Mary Janes

Anonymous said...

English language is not my primary language, but I could understand it when using the google translator. Outstanding article, have them coming! Regards!