Take one happily disturbed librarian, add in a few voices, a connection to the internet, and you get . . . . . . . . . well a little more insanity.

Friday, April 11, 2008

The ones that got away

During my recent visit to the happiest place on Earth... DISNEYLAND.. there were a few interesting events.

I was there with just a couple of people, a friend of mine and his son. My friend made a couple of new friends. They followed him EVERYWHERE with their cute pink pastel blue backpacks. It was so cute, they even asked him- and his son and I- to dinner. His son was holding on to my hand, and I think they thought that he was my child, and my friend was... well.. available.

When we said we already had reservations somewhere else, they started talking to my friend. Would he like to go to the arcade later? What about ice-cream after dinner?

You know I am the very soul of kindness and compassion. Out of the depths of my heart I offered to take the little guy back to the hotel after dinner, so my friend could have a night off to himself.

The guys then asked him about going on some rides? I had a hard time not laughing. I said that my friend looked like he needed... a ride. I thought he was going to kill me. My friend declined the offer.

Over the next several days we saw them several more times. Each time they were very friendly towards my friend.

As for me? Well I will never let him forget the ones that got away. What else are friends for?

By the way, we ran into them in the Buzz Lightyear line at one point. After the ride Disney allows you to send yourself a free photo- taken on the ride. Instead of choosing the photo of me, or my friend and his son (we had tons of those already). I selected the photo of the two guys who were after my friend.

I figure I can print it out and send him periodic reminders. But for now.. here are the guys!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you make me laugh!

The Berserker Librarian said...

Mission accomplished then! How is your weekend going?

I'm Shawn said...

Heh. Glad your trip was so memorable! I know your friend has a pretty good sense of humor. I hope it lasted the rest of the trip!

How is he and godzilla kid doing anyway?

The Berserker Librarian said...

G-kid is great, had a terrif time in D-land. He already wants to go back.. I am so proud of him!

Anonymous said...

my week has been horrible only because I have been attacked by serious allergies and then resulting in an ear infection. i mean come on what am i 3? adults do not get ear infections, do they?
mission accomplished, I give kudos to you for doing all the grunt work. i must say that we, mostly you, are doing a super job.

The Berserker Librarian said...

It's all about teamwork! Well teamwork and having an alibi. Ok, Teamwork, alibi, and someone else to take the fall :)